Western Campus Ministry
with a tax-deductible donation!
- Religious Studies 2610: Christian Theology, Culture, and Practice is offered at Huron University College during the Winter term. The course is a survey of Christian thought, culture, and practice, including approaches to the Bible, the formation of doctrine, the development of ethics, the use of philosophy, iconographic expression, and the sacraments. Attention is given to a variety of historical and cultural contexts, as represented both in local and global settings.
- Vocational Wayfinding is offered in London through the Certificate or MA in Worldview Studies programs at the Institute for Christian Studies (University of Toronto) during the Winter term. This course will explore particular practices, frameworks, and tools, by means of which we can engage in vocational wayfinding. Prompted by our readings we will consider some of the relationships between work and identity: How does my work prompt my discovery of my sense of self? How do I try out possible selves in relation to whatever in the world is calling me toward particular kinds of work? What am I to do with my life? We will give close attention to those passages in our lives (in particular young adulthood and the middle passage of life) when both our work contexts and our experience of our identity are most obviously in flux. In addition, we will consider how to contribute skilful leadership and insightful mentoring to others as they engage in their own vocational wayfinding, particularly in the contexts of the workplace and educational institutions.
- Beginner's Bible Study (Gospel of Mark), a weekly place for new Christians, undergraduate students, or those interested in learning more about Christian faith can explore the big questions. Thursdays from 5:00-6:00pm in UCC 38B. (We will not meet in August.)
- Graduate Christian Fellowship, a weekly gathering of grad students who want to discuss together the joys and challenges of grad student life from a Christian perspective. Thursdays from 7:00-9:00pm in UCC 38B. (We will not meet in August.)
- Faculty Book Club, a monthly discussion group of faculty (and grad students) on important and thought-provoking books. We are currently reading The Intellectual Life: Its Spirit, Conditions, Methods by A. G. Sertillanges, O.P. and will discuss it in late September.
- Summer Day Trips
- Stratford Shakespeare Festival (Coriolanus) - Saturday, July 28
DOWNLOAD OUR APP!
Connect with us, receive notifications about events, get up-to-date announcements, all right on your iOS or Android device. Create a free account, set "Western University Campus Ministry" as your "home church" and you'll be all set! There's even a free Bible and daily devotional included!