Spiritual Well-being at Western
- Social Media Team Leader - Do you have energy and experience with growing a following on social media to raise awareness about spirituality and engage the university community in brave conversations about faith?
- Podcast Production Team Leader - Do you have technical skills to help us oversee the production of our weekly podcast?
- Love Western Team Leader - Do you have a heart for student food security and can you help us oversee our off-campus greenhouse and our on-campus food distribution network?
- Research Hub Team Leader - Are you a research nerd and interested in helping us uncover the historical, cultural, social, and religious reasons for the changing religious landscape among youth and young adults today?
We look forward to offering the following programming in the coming year:
- Love Western! - our attempt to put faith into practice by addressing food insecurity among students.
- Scriptural Reasoning - a monthly multi-faith conversation in which we meet our neighbours and discover our own traditions better.
- Research Hub - a regular pursuit of greater understanding of the dynamics around religious life in Canada today.
- A Celebration of Spirituality Podcast - a weekly discussion about the various dynamics of spirituality on campus and among students.
Mandarin Student Ministry
Mike has been at Western since 2005, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Religious Studies (Western) and Theology (Huron). He also assists Western's Wellness and Well-being Education team in promoting multi-faith spiritual wellness. Mike loves questions related to spirituality, faith, religion, values, worldview, and life - especially as they relate to culture, society, theology and philosophy.